• Tell us about yourself in a summarized manner?
About me? I am at that point in my life where my energies are all over the place and I want to do anything and everything that I can lay my hands on.
So we could say I am a tad bit confused and overwhelmed at times. I strongly believe that with enough zeal, you can chase your various passion and dreams and excel at them all. It is possible to serve two masters.
• Three words to describe your brain?
Dynamic. Whimsical. Brilliant (why do these seem so strange? X”D)
• When did you launch your writing campaign?
I started blogging back in 2011 as I had too much time on my hands (We had to wait for a whole year to be admitted to the university.) I can’t even dare read the posts I used to do then lest I die of embarrassment. It has been a long journey.
• What/who inspires your writing?
• Apart from writing, what else do you do?
I am currently in my final year of study at the University of Nairobi, pursuing a degree in Quantity Surveying. So you will mostly find me at construction site or bent up on my laptop with a hoard of drawings in future. Oh, and I recently picked up Photography so that counts.
• What do you take to be humanity’s greatest creation?
Humanity’s greatest creation for me has got to be electricity (is that a human creation?) I can’t even imagine life without power.
• Who is your African hero? Why?
My African hero is Oliver Mtukudzi , he represents an Africa that is proud, resilient and energetic despite the various challenges. The guy is old and you’d think he’s barely 20 when he takes to the stage. I could go on and on, but I like that he has retained his authenticity over the years and has carved a name for himself globally.
• The world is ending tomorrow. What will you do till then?
I would make 4 of my signature double chicken and avocado burgers and smother them with as much mayo as I can. Get 2 litres of Fanta Orange and a litre of Nakumatt Bluelabel Blueberry swirl icecream. Then I’ll head over to the KICC rooftop and stuff myself while listening to Just A Band and Epica as I watch the sun set. I would be at peace. The world can now end
• What’s your furthest memory backwards?
My furthest memory back was getting scorned by mum’s friend’s because I was still breastfeeding, at 5 years. I still remember their voices jokingly remarking that I might get stuck on her breasts forever
• Which cartoon character would you like to be?
• What is that thing you did as a kid you wish you still would?
I used to read a lot as kid. I would read whatever I could find front to back. I wasn’t picky, just greedy for more and more. I wish I could still do that.
• Who’s that character you wish you’d pull out of the screen/book and elope with?
Batman! If that were possible I’d be raising 6 of his children by now.
• Any random question you’d like to ask the world?
Why did we have to ruin humanity with religion?
Facebook Leah Kanda
Blog Canduhlitta & Foodies Kenya