- How can you describe yourself in a summarized manner?
I am an idealist, an emotional dreamer and a spiritual pamphlet, I hope to be a spiritual book one day.
- When did you pen your first independent piece (poem or story – apart from school work)?
Many years back . Even in school I wrote a couple of rhymes for the ladies and I even wrote something about Ugali, completely unsolicited school work.
- What inspires your writing?
Music. Which translates to life as cliché as it sounds. But I always write after I hear something amazing bumping somewhere. It always does something to me. I get incredibly pumped. It’s a great feeling
- Apart from writing what else do you do? (Hehe we know how that question feels like)
Photography and I’m getting into film also (I write for film, does that count?) but I have also started shooting. And I also dabble in the visual arts. It’s more than dabbling actually. I paint and I draw.
- Why don’t you use a stage name?
My name is too legit, c’mon now!!! I kid, I kid. But seriously it is. I honestly don’t know. I have never really thought about it.
- What do you think is man’s greatest invention?
- Who would you term as a Kenyan hero? Why?
Single Kenyan moms. No doubt. You walk into a room and you ask people who have been raised by single moms to stand, I bet you 7 out of 10 will stand. It’s amazing what those women do everyday to make their families live right, which translates to making the country right.
- The world was to end tomorrow, what would you do till then?
Try to survive until tomorrow, you know very well it would be chaos and mayhem. Humans are just stupid like that. No way will it be chill and peaceful. People would be atop the KICC throwing flaming couches to the ground e.t.c
- What’s your earliest memory?
I actually don’t know. I think I actually started caring and hoarding memories when I started school. Prior to that I could care less. I was just living man!
- If you were a cartoon character, which one would it be?
I am weasel. The voice, the girls, the baboon. That’s Oscar worthy man.
- Three words to describe your brain?
Spacey. Disappointing. Missing
- What is that song that never gets boring to your ears?
Without a doubt Paradigm by All together separate.
- What is the most unforgettable thing that has ever happened to you on stage?
I haven’t had those moments yet. People clap. People cheer. I’m waiting for tears. Then come back and ask me.
- What is that thing you did as a kid you wish you still would?
Look forward to Saturdays. It’s never been the same since I grew up.
- What do you think of the Kenyan creative and artistic industry?
It’s in such a good place right now. I think whatever is happening right now with music, visual art, film, poetry is incredible. Our young people are just amazing, they are toe to toe with the world as far as just putting out art and being creative, definitely pushing the next frontier. They might not all be getting monetary returns and accolades as they should but the next generation will definitely have us in their history books.
- Who’s that character you wish you’d pull out of the screen/book and elope with?
Screen: Veronica mars. Book: A grown up Daisy Fay from Daisy Fay and the miracle man
- Any random question you’d like to ask the world?
Do you love yellow toasters?