• How can you describe yourself in a summarized manner?
Ogero Oscar is the name most don’t know. A writer, performing poet and a cinematographer.
• When did you pen your first independent piece (poem or story – apart from school work)?
2007 was the year I penned my first poem. I later tore it since nobody liked poetry that much.
• What inspires your writing?
There’s no one particular entity I could pinpoint but in general life and everything it offers.
• Apart from writing what else do you do? (Hehe we know how that question feels like)
I’m a film maker with a specialty in cinematography. I also find pleasure in the field of hosting and Mceeing (I’ve never known the spelling) events around Nairobi and Nakuru. Yes, I do a lot.
SZ: It’s “emceeing” if you were also wondering. Google. Always faithful 🙂
• What do you think is man’s greatest invention?
Do color schemes count? If yes, the color pink is the greatest invention and I wouldn’t forget the wash rooms.
• Who would you term as a Kenyan hero? Why?
A Kenyan hero is someone who minds the well being of anyone with religion, background and tribal affiliations not in line. We are humans and we should not limit our super hero selves to such inclinations.
• The world was to end tomorrow, what would you do till then?
I would watch two movies. Shaw Shank Redemption and Inglorious Basterds. Read the second coming by Sbu and finally prepare my soul for the end of the world.
• What’s your earliest memory?
Being taken to school.
• If you were a cartoon character, which one would it be?
• Three words to describe your brain?
Goofy. Lovely. Big.
• What is that song that never gets boring to your ears?
Vuvuzela by Mbunge Aliyeparara.
• What is the most unforgettable thing that has ever happened to you on stage?
Orato with a standing ovation. We all know this fellow is mean when it comes to dishing out compliments. Other than that I forgot lines on a national TV set. Very embarrassing
• What is that thing you did as a kid you wish you still would?
Acting. It all went down the drain with the introduction of free primary education. Not that I didn’t want it to happen but hey, I could have been the male Lupita.
• What do you think of the Kenyan creative and artistic industry?
Since I’m in it, I would say the strides have started becoming longer and the marks left more visible.
• Who’s that character you wish you’d pull out of the screen/book and elope with?
That would be Heath Ledger. Why so serious?
• Any random question you’d like to ask the world?
If you were God what would you change?