• How can you describe yourself in a summarized manner?
It is so hard to describe myself! Can we go with a really talkative person who does not like constant conversations? No?
I tend to be pithy while holding conversations.
• When did you pen your first independent piece (poem or story – apart from school work)?
When I was in primary school. I wrote a song for some choir competition (Yes, I sang in a choir once; soprano)
• What inspires your writing?
Everything. I think inspiration is everywhere, all around us.
• Apart from writing what else do you do? (Hehe we know how that question feels like)
Umh…I work for an advertising agency.
• Why don’t you use a stage name?
I do not perform anywhere so I don’t see the need for one.
• What do you think is man’s greatest invention?
The internet and maybe cars (I cannot imagine a life without these, all that walking maen!)
• Who would you term as a Kenyan hero? Why?
Does saying my mum count? She is simply the strongest woman I know. I think mothers are just great people.
• The world was to end tomorrow, what would you do till then?
Hang out with my family all day.
• What’s your earliest memory?
My dad teaching me The Lord’s prayer when I was in Nursery School.
• If you were a cartoon character, which one would it be?
The chicken in Cow and Chicken; finding humor in everything.
• Three words to describe your brain?
Vibrant. Just that
• What is that song that never gets boring to your ears?
I don’t have any.
• What is the most unforgettable thing that has ever happened to you on stage?
The two times that I have performed, I forgot all my lines.
• What is that thing you did as a kid you wish you still would?
Not paying bills
• What do you think of the Kenyan creative and artistic industry?
It is on the right track, the growth is quite evident.
• Who’s that character you wish you’d pull out of the screen/book and elope with?
Elope? No, I don’t like the idea of living with someone for a lifetime that much.
• Any random question you’d like to ask the world?
Can we go now?